Clear Bag Policy
To provide a safer environment and more expedited entry for attendees, the Union County Agricultural Fair will be implementing a clear bag policy.
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC bags that do not exceed 12" x 6" x 12" -- A logo no larger than 4.5" x 3.4" can be displayed on one side of a permissible clear bag.
A clear bag shall be clear from top-to-bottom and up to a 2" trim/border on the bag is generally acceptable. One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags no larger than 4.5" x 6.5" -- approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap
- Medically necessary items
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Fanny packs
- Cinch/Drawstring bags (not clear)
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags
- Diaper bags
- Binocular cases
- Camera bags
Each ticketed guest can carry one large clear bag -- either a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag or the 12" x 6" x 12" clear bag -- plus a small clutch purse (4.5" x 6.5"). The small clutch must be carried into the venue outside the clear bag and is subject to search.
Guests carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will not be admitted to the fairgrounds. They may return their bag to their car or will be provided a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag into which to transfer their belonging before entering the fairgrounds. Transferring items to a fairground-provided bag requires disposal of the non-approved bag.
Diapers and other baby supplies can be carried in a clear bag.
Guests carrying medically necessary bags or equipment into the venue will be required to have their bag/equipment inspected and tagged by security personnel.